Thursday, June 5, 2014

You probably haven't read "Totaled" by Stacey Grice. Here's why you should.



A debut novel written by independent author can be hit or miss.  There are so many things that can go wrong…weak beta readers, inexperienced editors, terrible covers (Oh, how I loathe a terrible cover). 

But when my newest Diamond, Stacey Grice enters the room, all I can think is, “HIT!  HIT!  HIT!!”

“Totaled” is the very first book she’s written and it is wonderful.

I’m a sucker for a book about a cage fighter.  I won't deny it.  Travis Maddox was my first book boyfriend and I make a habit of going to watch a friend of mine in amateur MMA fights. So I will admit that’s what got me hooked.  What made me stay was her characters and story lines.

Stacey Grice seems to have character development down to a “T”.  From the country bumpkin to the quirky best friend, they were all just so interesting. 

I was most impressed with her ability to show us a couple of characters with disabilities.  They didn’t come across as your stereotypical disabled family member or friend.  They weren’t just the sum of their quirks.  They were real people who just happened to think differently than you or me.  It was refreshing to read.

The story kept me engaged and interested.  I was rooting for them and just knew it would all turn out ok.  Why?  Because Ms. Grice develops the characters well enough that you just feel like you know how they would react in hard times. 

Life changed.  But the people did not. 

Keep in mind, this is a debut novel so there are a few issues here and there.  Every once in a while the dialogue can get a little choppy and the end felt a tad rushed.  But nothing that took away from my enjoyment of the book.

Stacey Grice is one to watch, folks.  She is going to be HOT!


So who wants to win an e-copy of “Totaled”?  It’s super easy.  Just “like” my Facebook page here and come back to comment below.  The winner will be randomly selected on Sunday, June 8th.

Don’t wanna wait to see if you win before you start reading?  I don’t blame you!  You can find the link to “Totaled” here.  Be warned...IT IS A CLIFFHANGER!!!  But I can’t wait to see what happens next!



8 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for a cage fighter as well.... I'll def. add this one to the TBR! Thanks for the recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this! I have a few to get through, but I'll definitely be getting to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already liked you! And this sounds intriguing! Love me a fighter too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great read with very relatable characters. Never would have guessed this was the authors first novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. alread liked :) Thanks for the chance

    ReplyDelete