Thursday, June 19, 2014

What The Heck Did This Book Just Do To Me???


Lately, I have discovered that I have way too many books on my Kindle app. At some point, the synopsis looked interesting, so I'm not even bothering to look at it before I start reading.  I just dive right in.  That's how  I did it with "Love, Kinsey" by my newest Diamond, Brandy Jeffus Corona.  

WHY DIDN'T I READ THE SYNOPSIS????  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  And it was brutal.

Synopsis made super short...she's dying and wants to write her legacy so she isn't forgotten.

Yeah.  Giving myself a heads up would have been nice.  I started crying on page 1.  I'm not even close to exaggerating.  I started crying and couldn't stop.  The entire book.

So why in the world am I putting this in the "Beach Read" category?  Two reasons.

1)  The more I do this blog thing, the more I'm finding myself on a schedule but I couldn't wait to tell you about this book.
2)  The length of the chapters.  They are short and to the point.  When your kids say, "Mom!  Come jump in the waves with us!", you can say, "Give me one minute to finish this chapter," and actually  mean one minute.

BUT this one is a gut-wrencher. You will cry.  A lot.  It will be a wonderful cathartic feeling.  And you will love it.  So click here to get it.  You won't regret it.

Brandy Jeffus Corona, you owe me some boxes of tissues for this book that I'm rating a sobbing 


 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like something I would love, despite the sobbing. I like a good sob every now & then. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete