Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Another Way to Find the Perfect Book for Your Vacation

Now that summer is upon us, I find that reading as much as I do can be difficult.  These little human things stay under my feet or in my face and want me to do things for them all the time!!

With that in mind, I’ve created a new category here at Diamonds in the Rough.  It’s called “Beach Reads”.

To me, a “beach read” is a book that is lighter and less taxing on the mind than your average read.  I think of it this way…if I’m sitting at the beach, reading a book while my kids play in the sand, I can easily tear myself away from the book to run in the ocean or help with the sand castle.  I’ll be able to direct my attention to the activity at hand without half of my brain still thinking about the book I’m reading.

This category doesn’t mean “stupid”.  It just means fun.  Enjoyable.  Light.  Entertaining.  Catch my drift?

My goal is to present a new “beach read” every week until the kids go back to school.  Many, many of them are free! 

So if you are getting ready to go on vacation or heading to the pool for the day, stop in here.

The first “beach read” of the season will post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment