Monday, June 23, 2014

Not A Sports Fan? You Will Be Now!



Here in Texas, if you aren’t a football fan, you must be from out of state because EVERYONE is a football fan.  Entire communities are known to rally around Friday night high school football games.  Quarterbacks are hailed as heroes in small towns.  JJ Watt is a household name.   (In all fairness, a friend of mine got some video from the first row of him warming up for a game.  A football has never looked sexier.)

And then, my next Diamond, Brenda Rothert enters.

JJ who?  Forget football.  I am now a die-hard hockey fan!!

Ms. Rothert’s first book, “Bound”…just, wow.  I loved this book.  It is not your average hockey stud falling for an everyday girl.  Oh no.  It couldn’t be that easy.

I cried so many times that I lost count.  It was heartbreaking and hopeful, all at the same time.  What a great ride!  Some of the conflicts were a little repetitive and the traumatic parts could have been more gripping, but dang.  The second it was over, I 1-clicked the next book.

While I loved “Bound”, “Captive” was just simply amazing.  There were a couple of timing issues, but they were completely overshadowed by the wonderful story.  This is exactly how I like my characters to end up.  With hope and growth.  To me, “Captive” was perfect.
But of course she wasn’t done yet.  Add “Edge” in to the mix.

Oh my.

“Edge” is still part of the “Fire on Ice” series.  But it’s based on one of the secondary characters we already knew.  Holy smokes…I am loving me some hockey players now!

And lucky us, Ms. Rothert still isn't finished!  The next one, “Drive,” about yet another character, is scheduled to come out next month.  EEKKKK!!!!  I can’t WAIT!

Due to those minor issues I mentioned, I have vacillated between giving this entire series 4 or 5 Diamonds.  However, my excitement over the next installment counts for something, so I’m rounding up.  Get started with "Bound" by clicking here.  It's free, so you have nothing to lose! 

The “Fire on Ice” Series by Brenda Rothert gets a well-deserved



No comments:

Post a Comment