Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Welcome!!! Thanks for Being Here!!

I woke up this morning and to my surprise, my tiny little blog's Facebook page has over 100 new likes.  Now I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but to me, that is HUGE!!!  So I wanted to thank you for being here and give you a quick rundown of what I'm about.

My overall goal of Diamonds in the Rough is to celebrate and promote the authors that haven't made the big time yet.  The ones that have brilliant stories and brilliant writing, but just haven't been discovered on a NY Times best selling scale yet.  Authors like 

Penny Reid 
Mara Jacobs
Kathryn Perez
Stacey Grice
Brenda Rothert 
And more!   

My one exception is Colleen Hoover.  She is obviously the queen of Indie, but I'll always review her stuff because I love it and her so much.  Considering most of you are fans of hers, I doubt you have any objections!

I try really hard not to over post.  Usually only twice a week.  I don't want you to get sick of me!  So make sure to "like" it when you see it on Facebook so you can continue seeing the posts.  Or just sign up for the updates via email.  Your choice.

On Mondays I review a book or author.  These are books that knocked my socks off for one reason or another.  Books I truly highly recommend.  

Right now on Thursdays I'm doing a segment called "Beach Reads".  These probably aren't 5 star books, but they are light and fun and may be the perfect book for your vacation.  It won't necessarily stick with you, but it will be a guilty pleasure.  

And I throw in contests and giveaways as they come up.

So that's the schedule.  I do have to apologize in advance for my lack of technological savviness.  I'm still learning how to navigate my own blog and it doesn't always do what I want it to do.  Now that there are so many of you, I probably should call my friend who set it up and get that remedied, huh?

Once again, welcome!  I'm humbled and honored you are here and hope I can help you find your newest favorite author.  So look around!  See what you think.  I will do my best to bring you the greatest authors you've never heard of!  

No comments:

Post a Comment