Monday, July 21, 2014

Mad Dog's Got Nothing on These Guys...


Travis Maddox was my very first book boyfriend.  I loved his protective personality.  I love that he made a living by fighting.  I loved that he loved so intensely that it bordered on psychotic.  Ahhhhh.....Travis.  He will always have a special place in my heart.  

Enter my Diamond, JB Salsbury and her cast of MMA fighters, including:

Jonah "The Assassin" Slade

Blake Daniels

Rex Carter

Travis may have been my first love.  But these guys could kick his ass with their thumb.

Let me start at the beginning. 

I only had a certain amount of cash to buy books at Book Bash a couple weeks ago.  By the time I was down to my last $15, I had already purchased everything I absolutely had to have.  And I had found a couple Diamonds along the way.  I wasn't quite sure what to do with the rest of the money that was burning a hole in my pocket.

I ran into my friend Danielle and told her my plight.  She looked around, snapped her fingers, and led me directly over to meet this woman:


That is JB Salsbury, the Diamond I'm speaking of today.  And yes, she is as tiny and beautiful in person as she looks in pictures.

After talking to her for a few minutes and discussing her sales, I bought the first book in her "Fighting" series, called "Fighting For Flight".  

I am so glad I did.  These books are addicting.  

The entire series is about a group of MMA fighters who work together, train together, and start building families together.  As with any good MMA character, there is all kinds of drama.  So much so that each of the three books took me less than 24 hours to read because I just couldn't put them down!

Here is my one quick disclaimer:

Do not give up on "Fighting for Flight" until you are at least a third of the way through.  I will admit, I sent Danielle a Facebook message a few times saying, "I'm not sure what to think yet."  She kept responding with "Keep going.   You'll get there."  Then all of the sudden, BAM!  I was there!!  And it was so worth it.

One of the things I love about Ms. Salsbury's stories is that once the happily ever after happens, the story isn't over yet.  There are real issues to work through.  And we get to see it happen.  

You can also see growth in her writing, which is something I always love to see.  Authors whose writing keeps getting better, tell stories that keep getting better.

Which leads to my only heart ache in this whole series.  

I have to wait until October to get the next installment.  Why, JB?  WHY must you torture me so??  

(If you haven't read them yet, at least you don't have to be tortured.  You can get "Fighting For Flight" by clicking here.)

I give JB Salsbury and her "Fighting" series a soaring, and growing



No comments:

Post a Comment