Monday, July 7, 2014

Even if You Don't Like Paranormal, I "Promise" You Will Love This Book


In the world of paranormal romance, there is really only two ways a book can go.  Either really, really good. Or really, really bad.

Fortunately for us, my newest Diamond, Kristie Cook, falls in the really, really good category.

I accidentally discovered Ms. Cook's "Soul Savers Series" while driving back to Houston from Pensacola, Florida a couple years ago.  Now, I've never been able to read in the car because I have a tendency to get car sick.  But I was bored and "Promise" was free and I had never tried reading on my Kindle in the car before.  So what the heck, right?

By the end of the 12 hour trip, I had discovered that Kindle reading doesn't make me nauseous (Score!).  I had also discovered my newest favorite author.

In the span of that drive alone, I had devoured "Promise" and was already halfway done with "Purpose", the second book in the series.  They were that good.

The "Soul Savers Series" follows the story of Alexis, a girl with a seemingly normal life who finds out that she is actually anything but normal.  Add in the uber-sexy Tristan who has some secrets of his own, and the story quickly gets exciting.  Not only does Alexis have to come to terms with who she is and her role in life, she has to do it all while navigating her way through a brand new love.

Even if you aren't a fan of paranormal, this series is worth a try.  Ms. Cook's writing is interesting and fun and she never fails to keep me on the edge of my seat.  She has an amazing ability to intertwine all kinds of creatures without it becoming overwhelming or flat-out dumb. And maybe best of all, her explanation of God versus satan, heaven versus hell and good versus evil are some of the most brilliant statements I've ever read in a work of fiction.  She truly has a gift.

Don't believe me?  Ask my BFF Allison.  We rarely agree about a book that knocks our socks off. But both of us count down when a new "Soul Savers" book is about to be released!

I was really excited to purchase "Promise" on Audible today.  It's on sale for just $3.95 which is a fantastic price!  But if audio books aren't your thing, "Promise" in written form is a freebie. So why not take the chance?  You can get it by clicking here.

Kristie Cook and her "Soul Savers Series" gets a solid






1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the review! I'm thrilled that you love the series! <3

    ReplyDelete