Monday, July 14, 2014

This Blissful Series Starts With a Freebie!



Several years ago I got married to a wonderful man that I just knew was going to make me happy.  He was adopting our two children with me.  We worked in the same industry so there was no shortage of conversation.  We committed to going on a trip together once a year just to strengthen our bond.  

Ok…so where did that go?  Shouldn’t we always get along?  Shouldn’t issues be resolved after just a couple of chapter breaks?  Isn’t he still supposed to desire me when my legs aren’t shaved and I have morning breath?  MY BOOK SAID HE’S SUPPOSED TO MAKE OUT WITH ME AND MY MORNING BREATH!!!

Ah yes, it’s the lies we all fall for.  That there really is such a thing as a drama free happily ever after.  Don’t misunderstand, I’m a firm believer that your attitude can make or break the happiness of any situation.  But there are relationship lies we willingly take in every time we read a book with a happily ever after.  And if we’re not careful, they can make us expect way too much out of the other imperfect human sleeping in our bed.

Enter my Diamond in the Rough, Nina Lane and her “A Spiral of Bliss” series.

Her stories are based on a couple who are not trying to fall in love.  No, they’re trying to stay in love after being married for a while.

Ok, fine.  So I don’t remember reading any farting in bed scenes or underwear being left all over the house in these books.  But what I do remember is the overwhelming feeling of, “Holy crap.  She TOTALLY gets it!”  And, “It’s like she climbed into my head!!”

Ms. Lane tackles problems that are relatively common in marriage;  kids, loss, job transfers and infidelity (don’t worry.  There are no major love triangles here.  Everything is pretty much on the up-and-up.).  Her writing made me appreciate the problems in my own marriage more;  And made me want to be a better wife to my husband.

To have me walk away from this series with my book loving soul satisfied and while still appreciating my own life drama…well, I’d say that’s a series worth reading.

The first one, "Arouse" is currently a freebie.  Which means, you have no reason not to give this series a chance.  You can get it by clicking here.

Nina Lane and her "A Spiral of Bliss" series get an arousing



No comments:

Post a Comment