Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Bash Breakdown...In Pictures

If you have never heard of Book Bash, the only way to describe it is the ComicCon of book nerds.  I'm not even exaggerating.  

There were close to 100 authors in attendance and over 1500 fans.  To say it was crazy is an understatement.  But it was crazy in the best possible way.  So here you go...my recap.  In pictures.

Being that I have never attended Book Bash before, I met up with some very close on line friends.  Including this one...


And also this one...


To say we have a loving relationship would be a bit of an understatement, don't ya think?

One of the first people I ran into before all the molesting began also happens to be one of my Diamonds!  Yep, I very quickly found this chick and her ugly book cover...


Sure, the cover is ugly.  But that didn't change my excitement from actually getting to hold it, as you can see from the look on my face.  Holding HJ Harley was pretty cool, too.  I know.  Way too much hugging going on so far.  (You have no idea)

Book Bash had a really cool pre-registration event on Friday night where you could mingle with some of the authors and get your picture taken.  And mingle with some authors I did!  In fact, that's where I found another Diamond!  I give you Stacey Grice...


Let me just say, that girl is straight up cra-zy.  In the best possible way.  If you ever get a chance to party with her, DO IT!!  It will be the most fun nights of your life!  And as a bonus, you will learn some new and improved dance moves.  Just trust me on that.

One of the most exciting parts of Book Bash for me was getting to meet and chat with this precious chick.


That, my friends, is Emily.  She is Griffin Peterson's girlfriend.  If you don't know who Griffin Peterson is, we can't be friends anymore.  Or, I'll just tell you.  Griffin Peterson is this guy...


Yes, I know this is an old picture.  But it is still the best picture EVER, so I have to show it off at any and all appropriate moments.  I mean, the hottie in the front, the photo bomb in the back, and Griffin in the middle...perfection!  

Griffin wrote and recorded the songs for Colleen Hoover's "Maybe Someday", by the way.

Back to Emily.  Emily was just such a sweetheart and is taking all this new found fame stuff in stride.  It was one of the highlights of my weekend.  I'm pretty sure she was avoiding me like the plague at some point.  But seriously, would you expect anything less from the Author Stalker than to freak at least one person out???  Of course not!!!  Moving on...

The one consistent thing about attending Book Bash is waiting.  Lots and lots and lots of waiting in lines.  Which is why you have to be diligent in your line forming skills.


Ok fine.  We didn't actually spend the night on the lobby floor.  But we thought about it.  Because there is a lot of waiting.

Waiting in line to get in.  
Waiting in line to meet authors.  
Waiting in line at the most ill-equiped and poorly run Starbucks in the history of the world.  

But sometimes the wait was so worth it!  (Well, not the Starbucks wait.)

Because I got to hang with this Diamond during Book Bash...


And this weekend, she found out this book that she wrote.....


Made the Amazon best seller list!  And it's STILL UP THERE!!!  Congratulations Kathryn Perez!!!  Now THAT is a fun fact for Book Bash!  (You can still purchase it by clicking here)

I did get to help out at this lady's table a bit...


And let me just say, the woman is a machine.  A kind, friendly, everyone feels loved when they leave, machine.  Impressive.

I also ran into this chick...


If you didn't know, this is Vilma from Vilma's Book Blog.  She is amazeballs.  Truly.  If you don't already follow her blog, you need to.  Now.  She is the foremost authority on anything book related.  And she's a hoot.

I did have a huge fangirl moment over this lady...


That, my friends, is Ana from Ana's Attic Book Blog.  She's kind of my hero.  So yeah, I'm not ashamed to say I made a fool out of myself.  But she was really nice about it.  She's been pimping out our Diamond, Kathryn Perez, hard!  Just one more reason to love her!

After Book Bash was over, the after party began.  Did I already mention parts of Book Bash were straight up crazy?  Oh yes.  Yes, they were.  But, the best part was watching these guys perform.


They are fantastic performers.  Truly entertaining.  And I'm pretty sure I have an inappropriate crush on Adam now.  That man can shred!  If I could figure out how to get the video on here, I'd show you.  But you know me and technology.  So for now, I keep the video for myself!

The show was over way too soon.  But the partying went on until close to midnight.  And when I tell you these guys....


Know how to party, I'm not kidding!  They literally danced on stage with all the book nerds until the DJ shut down the party!  It was great!  (Side note...why is my arm not around Adam, too?  Am I stupid????  #bookbashfail)

Look...here's me being a groupie!


That's John.  He does all the percussion instruments for the band.  I have no idea why I took a picture with him and didn't take a picture with anyone else.  But who cares??  I look hot.

And of course, what Book Bash event would be complete without some punk pulling the fire alarm at 2:30 in the morning?  Nothing like being evacuated from your room in your jammies, only to find out that your floor wasn't actually evacuated and you ran down the stairs by yourself leaving all your friends behind to die for nothing.  Still.  It looks like some of us enjoyed the fire drill more than others..


(Just zoom in.  That girl could make a funeral fun.)

After 3 days of adrenaline rushes, maybe one meal a day and a total of 12 hours of sleep, I have learned a few things....

First, Book Bash is not for the faint of heart.  It is crazy intense.  

Second, you  never know who you are going to run into and where.  Authors and cover models are everywhere!  

Third, there are some amazing Diamonds out there just waiting to be discovered.  I can't WAIT to bring you some of the new people I met.  

So thank you Book Bash for an amazing, albeit strange weekend.  Until next time....hands off my stash.


I'm going to sleep now!

7 comments:

  1. LMAO! This girl could make a funeral fun, huh? She sounds awesome... we should meet! This post pretty much sums up the weekend perfectly, Tex. Job well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the BEST blog post I've read about Book Bash! So awesome and 100% the truth! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Chelle!! Great recap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, next time you decide to take am incognito pic, give me a heads up so I can suck in my gut before ignoring the camera. Seriously, though, this weekend was the best, EVER! Love my new forever friends that I made & can't wait to hang out again really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures!! So glad I found you online, I was the quiet, crazy girl who hadn't read Colleen Hoover behind you in line. Thank you so so much for all of your kindness that day! By the way, Hopeless was wonderful, and I'm starting Maybe Someday soon!! Looks like the rest of the weekend was amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay!!! I'm so glad you found me online and I'm SO glad you loved Hopeless!!! I'm one of the admins for a group called Colleen Hoover's CoHorts if you'd like to join us there as well. We're having some group reads in anticipation of her newest release in August! It was GREAT meeting you Cara!!

      Delete