Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Beach Read That's Actually Safe for the Beach


If I had to describe the one thing most New Adult books focus on these days, I'd have to say it was sex.  Sex, sex and more SEX!  

Sex in a bed. 
Sex in a shower.
Sex on a motorcycle.
Sex in a limo.

Good lord!  Give my girly parts a break!

I think that's why I like Jamie Carie's "Rush to the Altar" as today's Beach Read.  There's just no sex.  Obviously, from the title, you know at some point they get married.  But even the honeymoon scene only eludes to the fact that the newlyweds get busy.  There's no actual descriptions.  

And I like that.  It was a refreshing change.

Now, "Rush to the Altar" does have a few ridiculous scenes that are enjoyable if you like that kind of humor.  But overall, the book just made me feel good.  And the fact that I don't need to read the synopsis to remember the story line, despite the fact that I read it months ago, means it left a nice happy face imprint on my book loving heart.

Extra bonus points for the fact that if your teenager grabs your kindle while sitting on the beach so she can see what it is you're reading, you won't have to freak out and pray she didn't read that part.  You know which part I'm talking about.  (insert bed/shower/motorcycle/limo here)

You can get this fun, easy, breath of fresh air by clicking here.  It gets a fun, easy


No comments:

Post a Comment