Monday, March 2, 2015

Melissa Brown Proves She's No "Freshman" Author


"Love of My Life Series".

"Wife Number Seven".

And now "Sorority of Three:  Freshman 101".

Melissa Brown continues to prove the she is truly a force to be reckoned with in the world of indie authors.  Because everything she writes turns to gold.

"Sorority of Three: Freshman 101" is no different in that regard.  It is fun.  It's entertaining.  And it beautifully captures the lives of three very different women who have quickly become the best of friends.  

Sunny, Grace and Claudia have all found themselves at college for the first time and have pledged to NOT pledge a Greek sorority.  Instead, they rely on each other for friendship and camaraderie.  Each of them is learning lessons about herself, what she wants out of life and how many risks she's willing to take to get it.

I have to say, I love Ms. Brown's writing.  She's just....flawless.  Each character has her own very distinct voice.  Each character has her own distinct story.  And each character has very different twists and turns as the story lines progress.  I love that.  Far too many authors have characters that sound exactly like each other.  But Ms. Brown does an impeccable job of keeping things very unique for everyone.   

I will say, one of the story lines wasn't my favorite.  Personally, if I can't interchange myself into a story line, it just doesn't really capture my attention that well.  It was well written.  It's just not a particular story line that I gravitate towards no matter who writes it.  HOWEVER, I have to give Ms. Brown props...there were some friendship issues surrounding this story line that were very real and very well done.  And I think her ability to add that element is what kept someone like me, who is picky about her romance scenarios, completely engaged.

Vague enough for you?  I know.  And I'm sorry about that.  But just because it's not my cup of tea doesn't mean it's not yours.  And I don't want to ruin it for you.  So you'll have to wait and see.

"Sorority of Three:  Freshman 101" isn't chock full of angst and I didn't weep angry tears while shaking my fists to the sky.  But I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I enjoyed being the "invisible friend" who got to watch these women learn about life and love.  And I was kind of ticked when it was over because I wanted more!  But alas, I have to wait for the next installment, just like everyone else.

Melissa Brown has quickly become of of my favorite authors.  And I'm looking forward to seeing what sophomore year will entail for my new "friends".  In the meantime, get "So3" for just $0.99 by clicking here.

Brown and her "Sorority of Three" worked hard for a solid and entertaining


No comments:

Post a Comment