Monday, March 30, 2015

Kristin Cook Ends Her Series With a Little "Faith"


I should have read this book a month ago when it was first released. But I will admit, I was afraid.  For two reasons.

1)  The book before this one, "Torment", left me with such a gut-wrenching and unexpected cliffhanger than I wasn't sure where the story was going.  I needed some time to process everything.

2)  My BFF Allison warned me that some of the scenes may be too intense for me.  Especially with pregnancy hormones and all.

When I finally picked it up yesterday, I not only realized that my BFF Allison is a true wienie when it books, I also remembered what I had known all along... Author Kristie Cook knows what the heck she's doing.  Yes, the story went places I never expected it to.  But they were amazing.

There are two ways you can look at this book.  The first is from a very non-religious perspective.  The action and adventure were fast paced and my heart never stopped pounding.  Normally, I'm not a big fan of a lot of description about landscapes and such.  But when talking about the apocalypse and a nuclear holocaust of sorts, I found the descriptions to be really eery and telling of what this would actually look like.  From a fiction stand point, it was exciting to read.

You can also look at "Faith" from a very religious perspective.  If you are a strongly believing Christian like me (hey, I didn't say I was good at it.  I just said I was one), this entire series is the embodiment of everything we believe could very well happen when the end times come.  Don't misunderstand...this story is not a prophesy, nor does the author claim it to be.  It is a fictional story.  It is Kristie Cook's fictional characters and her interpretation of what the end times could look like. And it gave some very disturbing visual images that I am choosing not to dwell on because some are terrifying.

I will say, Alexis started to drive me crazy in this book.  Her lack of faith in EVERYTHING got irritating at times and I wanted to scream at her, "Open your eyes!!!  You are your own worst enemy! God didn't leave you!  You just stopped listening!"

And then I almost fell off the treadmill when the little voice in my head said, "Yeah.  Because you don't do that on a regular basis with your faith, too?"

Um.  My bad.  I guess I'm more like Alexis than I thought.

Regardless of which way you look at this book, it is exciting.  It's adventurous.  It's thought provoking.  It's sexy.  It wraps up this wonderful series just flawlessly.

If you haven't started the "Soul Savers" series yet, YOU MUST!!! "Promise", the first book, it always free.  You can get it by clicking here.

But if you have kept up with it to this point, you can get "Faith" by clicking here.  In some ways, it's a scary read.  But you won't regret it.  

I'm so looking forward to whatever Ms. Cook decided to do next.  If what I'm gathering is correct, she'll soon be working on a spin off series titled "Age of Angels".  I, for one, can't WAIT!!

In the meantime, Tristan, Alexis and their mommy author go out with a bang and a phenomenal


No comments:

Post a Comment