Thursday, March 12, 2015

Mary Frame's "Imperfect Chemistry" is Damn Near Perfect


One of my favorite shows on TV is "Big Bang Theory" on CBS.  It totally cracks me up.  I think for most of us, there is one particular reason the show is so funny.

Sheldon Cooper.

His lack of understanding of human emotions and social boundaries are hysterical.

That's why I love "Imperfect Chemistry" by our newest Diamond, Mary Frame.  Her main character, Lucy London, is like reading a combination of Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler, but with so much more depth.

You see, Lucy is 20 years old, has a PhD, and has gotten a grant to study human emotions.  Love, lust and attraction to be more specific.  Problem is, she has never really felt any of those things, so she doesn't have any point of reference.

Add in a super hot neighbor that she is just SURE can teach her what she needs to know, and a new friend with no filter between her brain and her mouth, and you have a fun, lovely story.

The characters themselves kind of remind me of people Penny Reid would write.  And you know how much I adore Penny Reid.  The difference, though, is apples and oranges.  While Penny Reid's characters tend to be quirky and social awkward, Mary Frame's Lucy is not social awkward at all. She just has no interest in relationships, except for how they can be used to create a thesis.  

The story itself is fun.  It's funny.  It's not chock full of raunchy sex.  In fact, Lucy is trying her hardest to understand the connection between sex and emotion.  And there is an interesting twist regarding sex that you don't usually see in today's romance novels.  It was a surprise to me and actually made me happy to see the author went that route.

It took me less than a day to whiz through this book.  And I enjoyed it so much, I immediately downloaded the second book, "Imperfectly Criminal" about that new friend with no filter.  Took me less than a day to whiz through that one, too!

I can honestly say, "Imperfect Chemistry" has been one of my favorite reads so far this year.  It will be worth your time and money to get it by clicking here.

Mary Frame created some great characters with some great chemistry for a near perfect




1 comment:

  1. Thank you (again) so much for this!! I am so happy you enjoyed! Thank you for reading, and thank you (many times over!) for reviewing :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete