Tuesday, March 24, 2015

This is Not my "Last Call" for a Sawyer Bennett Read


I don't normally review New York Times or USA Today Bestelling Authors.  Why?  Well, they aren't Diamonds in the Rough!  They're flat out Diamonds.  And I prefer to uncover the authors very few people have heard of.

However, I have been addicted to this series for the last few days and considering how busy I've been, there hasn't even been time to find a Diamond!

How busy have I been, you ask?  Well, I spent the weekend with this guy.....


 And this guy......


And this guy.......


Just to clarify, those are some cast members from The Vampire Diaries.  I volunteered at the convention this weekend.  Does that mean I spent my days and nights hobnobbing with Ian Somerhalder?  Uh, no.  As a volunteer, you are there to WORK!  And you rarely even get a glimpse of the celebs.  But for someone with my personality and energy level, it was the time of my life!

Anyway, back to the books.

I knew I wasn't going to have much time to read this weekend, so I should have searched for a Diamond in the Rough.  But instead, my friend Tami, who is a total pain in my butt, kept saying, "Read Sawyer Bennett!"  "Sawyer Bennett is awesome!"  "I love Sawyer Bennett's books!"  I've heard this over and over from her for months.  

*sigh*  Fine.  So on the recommendation of my pain in the butt friend, Tami, I did the worst possible thing I could do when your blog focuses on little known authors.

I picked up a Sawyer Bennett book.

And I have been hooked every since.  The "Last Call" series is 100% completely addicting.  It's about a group of friends making their way through life and trying to navigate through love.  Every story is different.  Every story is engaging.  Every character is lovable in their own way:

Like Hunter, who is a retired pro surfer that came home to run a local bar, and Gabby, the best friend of Hunter's sister, that has been in love with Hunter since she was little.  Except for the last five years that she has harbored serious resentment towards him after an incredibly emotionally brutal interaction.

Or like Brody, the convicted felon who is struggling to re-integrate back into mainstream society, and Alyssa, the heiress to a fortune, turned no-kill animal shelter entrepreneur, that sees beyond Brody's tough exteriror.

And the list goes on.

Needless to say, I've spent the last six days fully engrossed in this series.  And considering I was at the con for three of those days, you know these are some seriously addicting books.

While they have great story lines and some super hot sex scenes, to be honest, I can go without all the sex.  The story lines are intriguing enough that they just don't need it.  And there is some repetition in the way the men talk dirty and ALWAYS want to provide certain, um, amenities to their love interest.  (If that's really the way it is, I'm pretty sure we all need to move to the Outer Banks of North Carolina asap.  They grow some filthy boys there.)

But the addiction is real.  And I'm pretty sad that I'm almost done with the series.  So you really need to pick it up.  The first one is called "On the Rocks" and you can get it by clicking here.  

As I wind down this blog, I say to my pain in the butt friend, Tami, you may be a pain in my butt for all this Sawyer Bennett talk.  But this time, you were right.

Sawyer Bennett and her wonderful "Last Call" series get a sizzling


No comments:

Post a Comment