Thursday, March 26, 2015

You Won't Hate This Love Story


Hey, Author Stalkers! It feels so good to get back to reading & reviewing! Life kinda got in the way with school work, clinicals, and kids. So, my reading came to a screeching halt the past month or so. 

I kept seeing this one particular book being talked about, though, so I decided to give it a try. 

Best decision I’ve made in a while! 

There are books that you read and they may have some funny moments, or some really deep moments, or the characters are so complex & real that you can’t help but love the book. My next Diamond in the Rough, Laurel Curtis, combined all of those elements plus so much more in her book Hate: A Love Story. Here’s the synopsis from Amazon:

"Roses are red, Violets are blue.  Life can be messy, And love can be too.  Most people say that it's not important where you're going, but instead, how you get there.  Unfortunately for me, the journey to love was absolutely agonizing.  Love and Hate wrestled with my life day after day, year after year, and the only way to stop it was to let one of them win.  Which one? I fought to love harder.  But I loathe my love story."

I know that the short & sweet synopsis doesn’t give you very much to go on, but trust me when I say that you don’t need it. This book speaks for itself and you just need to read it. You can even stop reading this review & just buy the dang book because It. Is. So. Good!! Okay, I’ll give you a tiny bit more. 

Whitney has a best friend named Blane. Blane adds another friend, Franny, to the mix to make the duo a trio of best friends. The story is about friendship & love and the struggles of holding on to friendships & love in the face of tragedy.

If you have followed me for any length of time, you will know that I don’t give 5 diamonds often. They are precious & I give them out very sparingly. I also don’t usually have “book hangovers” after reading anything that wasn’t a complete gut-wrencher. I want to pick this book back up and read it again just to laugh, and cry, and laugh some more all over again. Let’s just say that I was banished to the dungeon (my bedroom) because I was laughing too hard, too often while reading this story. 

Yes, there is one character in particular that I fell in love with because of her wit & humor. Gram is the bomb and is the glue that holds this book, and Whitney, together from the very beginning.

You can grab Hate: A Love Story here.


I don’t think it’s any surprise that I give Diamond in the Rough Laurel Curtis and her fabulous book Hate: A Love Story a great, big


No comments:

Post a Comment