Monday, November 24, 2014

Wait Until Next Year For Another Colleen Hoover Novel??? Maybe Not!!


One of the things that I love about Colleen Hoover's books are the side characters.  Gavin, Eddie, Daniel, Warren, KIERSTEN!!  They are all quirky and fun and we all would like them to be our best friends.

"Maybe Not" takes a closer look at our prank-loving friend Warren and his very strange, albeit sweet relationship with Bridgette, his bitchy-faced roommate.

I could sit her and tell you how this is such fantastic writing and how I love the story line, blah, blah, blah.  But come on.  It's Colleen Hoover.  That's all a given.

But what I will say is I love getting to know Warren better.  I love seeing how he actually lacks a whole lot of confidence, which is a side of him we didn't get to see in "Maybe Someday".  I love seeing some of his thoughts as Ridge and Sydney try to navigate their feelings for each other.  (If you don't know Ridge and Sydney, pick up "Maybe Someday" here.  While you can read "Maybe Not" as a stand alone, I recommend reading the novel first for some background.)

A lot of people have said Warren is a lot like Daniel, a side character from Ms. Hoover's "Hopeless" series.  But after reading "Maybe Not", you will see they are absolutely NOT the same character.  At all.  That distinction may have been my favorite part of all.

"Maybe Not" will make you laugh.  It will make you learn to love Bridgette.  In fact, your heart just my break a little for her.  Mine did.

So, I guess it goes without saying that you need to pick up "Maybe Not" by clicking here.

And, you can say she's consistent.  Once again, Colleen Hoover pulls in a solid


No comments:

Post a Comment