Monday, November 17, 2014

Author Michelle Pace Tells How A Rookie Mistake Left Her Feeling "Unsettled"


My friend and author, Michelle Pace is our newest guest reviewer.  You can guess what series she recently read based on the picture above.  But before I give her the floor, here's the synopsis as seen on Amazon:

"Lizzie O'Malley, a 23-year-old free spirit, is on a mission to find her purpose in life.  In the summer of 2000, she returns home to Boston to begin a life that she can be proud of.  On her first night out on the town, tragedy strikes and she finds herself the cause the emotional wreckage.  Instead of dealing with the consequences, she loses herself in a man she met that night.

Teagan Gallagher, a 22-year-old college student from Ireland, spends that same summer in Boston, working towards his degree and partying his way through the city.  One night, he finds a beautiful American girl that he is desperate to spend the summer with.

Together Teagan and Lizzie learn the ins and outs of an unconventional relationship.  It isn't until their relationship is in too deep that it becomes impossible for either to run away."

Well, there ya go.  So, without further ado, here is Michelle Pace:


Gonna level with ya.  I'm an author, so I listened to the audio books while commuting, while I pay bills, with my mind numbing and soul-sucking day job.

Alisa Mullen's leading lady, Lizzy O'Malley is a true, modern, three-dimensional heroine.  I wanted to hug her and bitch slap her - sometimes in the same scene!

I  made the rookie mistake of downloading book two and listening to it before book one.  DO NOT DO THIS!!!  "Unsettled" is book one and it is a great book.

But "Unchosen"?  Fan-fu*king-tastic with a Capitol fu*k.  

Well written (how refreshing), engaging, and just plain good.  Angst, humor, juice, etc.

My only complaint for book two was that the dialogue lacked contractions, and when the chick reading it tried to sound Texan, it was tragic.  Otherwise, read, read, READ!!!


Chelle here.  I think she wants us to read this series.  What do you think?  To make sure you don't make Michelle's "rookie mistake", I'll make it easy.  You can get book one, "Unsettled" by clicking here.

I think it's a safe bet that Michelle gives this entire series


No comments:

Post a Comment