Monday, November 10, 2014

Abigail Barnette Proves Why She's "The Boss" With this Great Series



I don't go looking for erotica to read.  It's not my thing.  But I go into most books without reading the synopsis so sometimes I run across it.  

I will admit, I read "50 Shades of Grey" voluntarily and loved it.  I liked that if you took all the sex scenes out, you still had a great story about a very wounded man.  You were intrigued about his history and what led him to feel comfortable with his lifestyle.  And in some very strange way, their relationship was really sweet.

That's why I'm really digging "The Boss" series by Abigail Barnette.  It is chock full of ridiculously hot sex scenes.  But if you were to take all of those scenes out, the story and the writing are just fabulous.  I may even go as far as to say I like it better than "50".  GASP!

You can pick your jaw up off the floor now.

Ms. Barnette's twists are so much better than the plethora of stories with the similar preface....super hot billionaire meets young virginal girl and shows her the wily ways of hot sex.

Sure, the hero in "The Boss" is a billionaire.  But he's in his 40's.  Yes, she's young but she's got the mouth of a sailor and has no desire to be anything but independent for the rest of her life. The dialogue is witty and fun.  The characters are very well developed.  The story line is just so well done.

I do have to insert a couple of disclaimers here:
~This series is DEFINITELY classified as erotica.  They are probably the most sexually explicit books I've ever read.  (sorry mom)  If that makes you uncomfortable, stay away.  These will be too much for you.
~The second installment titled "The Girlfriend" covers some extremely sensitive issues.  To eliminate spoilers, I won't mention what those are, but you can find out pretty quick just by reading some of the reviews on Amazon.  While I didn't LIKE the way one of those story lines ended up, it was interesting to me to read the thought process of someone who doesn't think like me.  So read at your own risk.

My only critique is that there is too much sex.  With this series, the story line is so good, it just doesn't need it.  But I'm perfectly content skimming my way through those parts to get to the rest.

Oh and did I tell you?  The first one titled "The Boss" is free just by clicking here.

Abigail Barnette shows she really is "The Boss" with her series that earns




No comments:

Post a Comment