Thursday, November 20, 2014

Rosalind James Takes Us To A Different Kind of Paradise



There are two reasons I usually decide to one-click on a freebie:  it looks really angsty or it looks kind of cute.  I picked up "Welcome to Paradise" by my newest Diamond, Rosalind James when it was free because of the latter.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out it wasn't cute.  It was just flat out good!

There are three books in "The Kincaids" series and all of them have great writing, interesting characters and a different premise than most of the books out there.  In fact, check out the synopsis as seen on Amazon for the first book in the series:

"Mira Walker is hoping that competing on a 'living history' reality show will give hr what's missing from her real life.  Maybe she'll get closer to her boyfriend, who hasn't been all that nice to her lately.  Get fired up about her job again.  Who knows, she might even win a million dollars.

Gabe Kincaid and his brother Alec are after that million too, though.  Mira and Scott are no threat at all, not when everybody involved is going to want to kill Scott after the first day.  And there's no bong stronger than a twin's.  What could possibly go wrong?"

I read these books several months ago, and yet, I still remember them very vividly.  I could tell you the story line without even looking.  So I know they made an impression on me.

I'm honestly really sad there are only three Kincaid children.  As a series, it was so much fun and so entertaining.  It was just...relief.  And an escape from the everyday world with virtually no love triangles!

I will admit, Alyssa (the sister) made me crazy sometimes, but I liked watching her grow and mature.  And there were a few times the writing got a little wonky and I had to reread a paragraph or two to make sure I didn't miss anything.

But overall, I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!  You can get book one, "Welcome to Paradise" by clicking here.

Rosalind James' series titled "The Kincaids" gets an easy, breezy




No comments:

Post a Comment