Thursday, April 16, 2015

Whitney Barbetti is Our Newest Diamond to Shine




Kristin here!

This is probably one of the most difficult reviews I've ever written. This book, "Ten Below Zero" by Whitney Barbetti, took me on one of the biggest roller coaster rides I've ever been on.  

As always, I went into this story blind.  I didn't read the synopsis and, yet again, I'm so glad I did.  And because of it, I won't give you the synopsis either.

I fell completely, utterly, 100% in love with this story from the beginning.  The characters had a spark that ignited my soul on such a deep level and I never wanted the story to end.  I could feel Parker's indifference to life begin to fade and could not wait to see how she broke down her self-imposed, steel-enforced walls.  I loved seeing the interactions between Parker and Everett.  I laughed at their banter and wished I could find them and become friends with them both.

The only problem I had with this story, and it's a big one, is that the editing just kind of petered out midway through the book.  The first half only had a few errors, but the last half had multiple.  Per page.  It started to detract from the beautiful story and at that point, I began to actually get pissed off. I was pissed off because this book is phenomenal.  Seriously, it is by far my favorite book of the year, and will probably have no problems remaining in that spot.  This story is so gut-wrenching, so touching, so powerful.  It needs to be devoured by everyone I know, and everyone I don't know.  Pretty much everyone needs to read this story.

I hate that I can't give it five diamonds, but with so many distracting editing errors, I just can't give it that last diamond.  On the story and content, it's a TEN.  I love it that much.  I only hope the author will seek out experienced beta readers and a good editor for any future books.  I will most definitely be following the author and cannot wait to see the progress.

You can get "Ten Below Zero" by clicking here.

Our newest Diamond, Author Whitney Barbetti and "Ten Below Zero" get


No comments:

Post a Comment