Thursday, April 9, 2015

Lacey Silks Won't Be "Anonymous" on My Kindle Anymore!


I'm not a huge fan of erotica.  To me, it's just boring.  Jack and Jill meet.  Jack and Jill hit it off.  Jack and Jill have sex.

Again.

And again.

And again.

Booooooring!!!!

But then I saw this synopsis I admit, I was intrigued:

"We're both addicted to sex, just not with each other.

High school friends - nothing more.
That was our promise to each other, because let's face it, infidelity spreads like a disease.
Everybody cheats.
Period.
And it's easier to remain friends than hurt the only person you ever cared about - or so we thought."

That sexy cover caught my attention, too.  So I went ahead and took a chance on "Cheaters Anonymous".

What I like about Lacey Silks writing starts with the way she promotes herself.  She calls herself a "romantic erotica" writer.  And therein lies the difference between a boring erotica book and a non-boring erotica book.  While most are a story about sex surrounded by the eventual love, this story was the opposite.  It was about love surrounded by the eventual sex.  See the difference?

The story didn't have a one-track mind.  It had depth.  It had character development.  It had a real story behind it.  A story about two people who are trying to improve themselves and make better choices without losing who they are along with way.  It's about figuring out when the gamble of facing your fears is truly worth it.  

I will say, there was one particular plot twist that I didn't really care for.  I skimmed through most of it because it felt a bit out of place with the story.  If there was a sequel to this book, I could see it.  But to me, it distracted from the good parts....the parts where the main characters were working on themselves.

But despite that, "Cheaters Anonymous" was still a really good read.  It goes live on April 21st but you can pre-order it by clicking here.  I went ahead and read the prequel titled "When Things Go Wrong" to introduce myself to the characters beforehand.  I'm really, really glad I did.  Click here to get that prequel.  It's only $0.99 and it's a really fun, quick read.

Overall, I like what Lacey Silks has to say and how she says it.  I already know which characters I hope to see more of!  Because I will definitely be seeing more of Ms. Silks.

"Cheaters Anonymous" reveals a solid 












No comments:

Post a Comment