Monday, April 13, 2015

Shari Copell's Writing is Simply "Rock'n"


I am a freebie addict.  I love free books.  I love scrolling through lists of books that cost no money, reading the synopsis' (Synopsises? Synopses?  Synopsi?) and one-clicking if it has a great cover.

This, of course, means I also also have a gigantic TBR.  When it comes to my books, my OCD always takes over and I read from the bottom up. On other words, I read them in order of download.  This also means, I go into almost every book completely blind.  I have no idea what the book will be about or why I even downloaded it.  Sometimes, that makes for the best experience.

"Rock'n Tapestries" by Shari Copell was one such great experience.

The main character, Chelsea works at a bar called Tapestries.  She's just your average, everyday girl trying to make a living.  When her ex-boyfriend and guitar prodigy, Asher, decides to get a job at Tapestries....let the game begin.

That's all I'm going to give you for a synopsis.

The book started off as a cute, well written story.  But as it continued on, there was deeper character development.  There were unexpected twists and turns.  There was inevitable heartbreak.  

I will say, about two-thirds of the way through, all of the sudden it got very rushed.  I couldn't quite figure out what the hurry was.  And then....

BAM!!!

It all made sense.  And the tears started flowing.  And I cried for the last twenty five percent of the book.  It was rough.  And so, so good.  

Does it have a happily ever after?  Well, it depends on how you look at it and which character you're talking about.  To me, it had a near perfect ever after.  And that made me happy.

I'm very much looking forward to reading the next installment in this series.  But for now, I'm still digesting "Rock'n Tapestries".  Ms. Copell should be proud of her work.  She knocked my socks off and I know she'll knock yours off, too!  Get it by clicking here.

"Rock'n Tapestries" and Author Shari Copell had all the feels for a fulfilling


No comments:

Post a Comment