Monday, April 27, 2015

Get "Caught" Up in This Collaboration


Little known fact about me:

I hate reading love triangles.

Hate it.  I cringe.  My stomach hurts.  I just don't like it.  Don't even get me started about how Jenn Sterling crushed me.  No amount of cupcakes she gives me will make me forgive her for ripping me apart. Nope, nope, nope.  Well, maybe if it was an ice cream cupcake....

I digress.....

Needless to say I was a little leery about reading "Caught" by AE Woodward and Erika Ashby.  I don't want to say too much about it because I don't want to give away the twists and turns.  So let me had over the floor to the Amazon synopsis:

"There's this boy.
He kinda owns my heart.

Who am I kidding?

He owns all of me--but he's completely oblivious to it.
And I can't tell him.

Because there's this girl.
And even though he's my best friend, she is too.

Then there's me...
CAUGHT between what feels so right, yet is so wrong."

And that, my friends, is how I'm going to leave the love triangle portion of this review.  

"Caught" was fun to read from the beginning.  And yes, my heart ached that she loved him so much and it wasn't reciprocated.  I mean, tears in my eyes type of ache.  We've all been there, ya know?

But then we get to this part of the book and all I could think was...

WTF just happened?  How did we get from this fun read of a book to.....THAT????!

And by THAT, I mean some weird, crazy stuff you never see coming and can't really figure out why it happened.  

Until the end.

But again, I digress.  Despite the weird, crazy stuff (and actually probably because of it), I couldn't put this book down.  I HAD to know what was going to happen!  I HAD to know where it would end up!  I HAD TO KNOW!!!

And once I found out, I wasn't disappointed.  In fact, my brain kind of spun for several hours after I was finished reading.

Here's the other really cool thing...you know how in a love triangle, you always feel terrible because you want two people together but you don't want the other person to get hurt and it makes you just feel all knocked off kilter?  I'm happy to report, by the end of the book, you are so completely satisfied with the outcome and happy with the way things are, there is no feeling off kilter.  It all feels a little more balanced.  Like it should have all been this way from the beginning.

I'm hoping that AE Woodward and Erika Ashby will give us more installments of this series.  I'm looking forward to finding out what happens to...well, I'll let you figure out who I want to know more about. Wouldn't want to accidentally spoil things for you, would I?  In the meantime, pick up "Caught" by clicking here.

AE Woodward and Erika Ashby "Caught" my attention for a very intriguing









No comments:

Post a Comment