Monday, September 1, 2014

My Newest "Go To" Author



There are a few authors out there that I revolve my world around.  Don't judge.  You know you do it, too..when their release is coming out, you take the day off, get a babysitter and park it on the couch.

Colleen Hoover is one of these authors.  I mean, duh.
Jessica Sorensen is another.  Man, that girl can write!
J.R. Ward...ooooooh.  Love me some brothers.

Now, there is a new name on that list.  Fisher Amelie.  

Ms. Amelie's "Seven Deadly Sins" series is the latest obsession on my mind.  I read both "Vain" and "Greed" in less than 36 hours because I couldn't put them down.

In this series, Ms. Fisher explores the worst offenders of these particular sins.  Besides vanity and greed, she's on task to tackle things like anger, lust, laziness, gluttony and envy. (The titles change slightly, but the sin remains the same)  

Here's the synopsis to "Vain" as seen on Amazon:

"If you're looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who's been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she's not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you're gonna hate my story.

Because mine is not the story you read every time you bend back the cover of the latest trend novel.  It's not the "I can do anything, now that I've found you/I'm misunderstood but one day you'll find me irresistible because of it" tale.  Why?  Because, if I was being honest with you, I'm a complete witch.  There's nothing redeeming about me.  I'm a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles.  I'm every girlfriend's worst nightmare and every boy's fantasy.

I'm Sophie Price...And this is the story about how I went from the world's most envied girl to the girl no one wanted around and why I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

Now don't be confused.  These books aren't just about a character that you love to hate.  No. They are about the process someone goes through when the one thing they love more than anything is taken away.  What happens when the lives of these "offenders" are completely shaken up? Can they change?  Can they make amends?  Can they forgive themselves for the sins they've committed?

One of the things that makes these books so fascinating, is the amount of research it must have taken to get some of the details right.  From orphanages in Uganda to ranches in Montana; there is an incredible amount of detail put into every story.  And these are the things that really brought it all to life and made it so much more interesting than the average everyday novel.

However, the biggest surprise to me was...wait for it...

No Sex.

WHAAAAAAT????

You heard me.  In this day and age where reading an Indie book probably means a sex scene or two, it was a pleasant surprise to close the book and realize I can recommend these to my friend's high school freshman without a second thought.  (Seriously Rachel, Rylee will love this series.)

It is safe to say that Fisher Amelie is my newest go-to author.  I have a serious fangirl crush on her now.  And I cannot WAIT for the next the installment, "Fury", which is due out later this year.

I can officially say I am ruined for other books.  Forever.  So start reading this series by clicking here.  

Fisher Amelie and her "Seven Deadly Sins" series earn rave reviews from me and a solid







1 comment:

  1. Goosebumps!!! Love these books! Now i need to get onto JR Ward bc i agree 100% on your other authors listed!

    ReplyDelete