Thursday, September 25, 2014

Make Sarah Dosher's Books Next in Line on Your TBR!



Writing a novel is hard.  REALLY hard.  I know, because I tried once.  60 thousand-ish words and I was pooped!

My mother said it was a brilliant work of art.  But frankly, I doubt it was all that good.  Because, let's face it...it was my mother reading it.  And of course, because debut novels many times, are an author's very first attempt writing a book.  There's lots of room for error.

But Sarah Dosher's debut novel, "Haven from the Storm" is the exception to the rule.  From the wonderfully written story to some surprisingly interesting supporting characters, this book was really well done.   Before I go on, here's the synopsis as posted on Amazon:

"'If you're going to make me cry, at least be there to wipe away the tears...'

Most were asleep in their beds the night Lily Grace's entire world was ripped apart leaving only darkness and torment in its place.  The only remaining person she depended on abandoned her without a second thought...or so that's what Lily's believed for the last four years.

Dean Haven has returned for one reason, to win Lily's love again.  He broke her heart once because of the demons that haunt him, can his desire for Lily keep him from succumbing to those demons again?

Dean has no idea what awaits him when he tries to fight his way back into Lily's life.  Everything he remembers has changed, including Lily.

Is love enough when you're forced to weather the storms life has blown your way?"

I actually listed to this book on Audible and really thought it was fantastic.  Not just because of the story, but because the narrator did a wonderful job!  She was the only voice, so she read for ALL the characters.  Including the male voices.  And she nailed it.  If you're looking for a really good audiobook, I highly recommend getting it by clicking here.

As I said, "Haven From the Storm" was Ms. Dosher's debut novel.  The second one in the series, "Before the Storm" is actually a prequel.  So it really is your choice which one you read first.  They can each be read as stand alone novels.  Be prepared, you probably aren't going to like how "Before the Storm" ends.  But it will give you lots of insight and history for "Haven".

There is a bit of room for growth in "Haven from the Storm".  But Ms. Dosher's writing level in her first book is where most authors are finally at when they publish their second or third.  So she can only get better from here and I can't wait to see it happen.  You can see what I mean by clicking here.

Sarah Dosher and "Haven From the Storm" blew right into my heart for a solid



1 comment:

  1. I won this from someone and I'm ashamed to admit I haven't read it yet. I need to!

    ReplyDelete