Monday, June 1, 2015

You Want to Fall in Love With a Book "Like This"


Sara Ney is a pain in my rear.  

And I can say that because she is also a very good friend of mine.  So she knows she's a pain in my rear and does it anyway for entertainment purposes.

Sara and I became friends when I contacted her about her first two books, which I fell in love with. So of course I was thrilled when she told me the third book was on the way.  I just can't get enough of this series!

In "A Kiss Like This," the third book in the "Kiss and Make Up" Series, Sara introduces us to two very shy and quiet characters.

Abigail is quiet and awkward.  She prefers books over parties.  And will go to whatever lengths necessary to avoid any form of embarrassment. Needless to say, dating is not her forte.

Caleb, is also quiet.  He's not shy.  He's just a man of few words. Unfortunately, having few words also means he's become a push over with his roommates.

But change is coming when Abigail falls for Caleb....er.....falls on him is more like it.

I could talk about this book all day long because I love it so much.  But that's because Sara's writing style is always fresh and never feels forced.  She has a gift that most other authors don't have.  The gift of making even the most hard core readers feel.  (A friend of mine, who never really feels her stomach clench at those parts or feels for the characters actually said to me, "Is this what other readers feel like when they read???"  That says something, doesn't it?)

It helps that the characters are all young and beautiful.  In fact, there is already a Facebook fight in one of my book groups over who gets Caleb as their book boyfriend.  I'm pretty sure I lost.  Booooo.

If you haven't read any of Sara's other books, you really need to. However, "A Kiss Like This" can easily be read as a stand alone.  And since I think it's her best work to date, go for it!  You can get it by clicking here.

As much as it pains me to say this, because I know Sara is going to use it against me at some point (*sigh* The perils of friendship), "A Kiss Like This" deserves a raving



No comments:

Post a Comment