Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Great Book "To Have" On Your Shelf!


Hey guys!  Kristin here.

My most recent Diamond is brand-new author, M.L. Pennock.  She just released her first book, "To Have", at the end of May and I am so impressed!

I have to stop and be frank for a minute; I am normally skeptical when it comes to reading the first novel from a new author.  I like my reads to be a little more clean-cut and polished, and that is usually not the case with first-time authors.  I was proven wrong this time because Ms. Pennock really delivered a good story!

I think you know me enough by now to realize that I go into every story blind, so no synopsis from me at this time, either!

I was grabbed from the first chapter by a myriad of emotions.  I actually got misty-eyed at one point, which doesn't happen very often anymore while I'm reading.  I loved the dual POV chapters and the way that she incorporated the past into the present.  There were no chopping transitions from either, which any reader can appreciate.

The female lead, Stella, is such a great combo of strength and compassion.  Her crappy situation showcases how strong she truly is, even when most of us would just curl up into a ball and give up.  I think that's why I liked her so much immediately.  

The male lead, Brian, is the perfect counterpart to Stella.  He's what I think all women secretly hope for in a partner--fully devoted and sappily in love with her.  He makes it effortless to fall in reader love with him, that's for sure.

You can find "To Have" by clicking here.

I hope to see more from this author in the future, especially with regards to some of her side characters.

M.L. Pennock easily gets "To Have"





No comments:

Post a Comment