Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Topics Discussed in This Read Will Make You Feel "Fury"


I have been waiting.

And it's finally here!!

Fisher Amelie released her newest book titled "Fury" and let me just tell you, it was worth the wait!

It is part romance, part drama, ALL intense and all intriguing.

Let me just give you the synopsis real quick so you know a little about what I'm talking about:

"Revenge is an euphoric thing.  Trust me on this.  Nothing compares to the release you get when you ruin someone's life.  When they've stolen important things.  Things that didn't belong to them.  Things I revel in making them pay for.

What?  Have I offended you?  I'm not here to appeal to your delicate senses.  I have no intention of placating your wishes or living without your personal belief system nor do I care if you hate me.  And you will hate me.  Because I'm a brutal, savage, cold-blooded murderer and I'm here for my revenge.

I'm Ethan Moonsong...And this is the story about how I went from the world's most sacrificing man to the most feared and why I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

Ok, let's just be real here for a minute.  My initial impression of Ethan when I started reading "Fury" was...this guy is crazy.  Certifiably insane.  Frankly, I'm pretty sure I still believe that, even after getting all the way through the book.  But at least his intensions are good. That counts for something, right?  RIGHT??  I don't know.  That's something you'll have to decide for yourself.

I will warn you, this is a very difficult read.  The topics Ms. Amelie covers are sensitive and emotional and frankly, scary.  Very, very scary. But they are also very, very real.  And to paraphrase Ethan Moonsong, after you read this "You can never say you didn't know".  

On a side note, Ms. Amelie continues to show us how beautifully she can write.  She takes us into the deepest parts of Vietnam and introduces us to the culture, the customs, the landscape.  Filled with wonderful descriptions, she paints vivid descriptions with her words. I, for one, am now intrigued by Vietnam and am interested to visit at some point.  But didn't I say that after reading "Vain" and "Greed"? Why yes, yes I did.  That just goes to show you how wonderfully consistent she is.

I can't guarantee you will like "Fury".  I'm not exactly sure I did.  These are topics no one wants to talk about.  Topics we'd all rather not think about.  But the book...it is brilliant in all it's ugliness.  Go into it expecting to be jolted.  But go into it.  Get it by clicking here and take all the lessons and information from it that you can.  I, for one, am so glad I did.

Fisher Amelie continues to amaze and intrigue me for a very secure





No comments:

Post a Comment