Monday, February 23, 2015

You Can "Trust" Brenda Rothert's Opinion


One of my favorite authors has become a friend of mine.  She impresses me so much because she writes like mad.  I don't know many authors who can put out as many books as she does every year.  And the quality never seems to suffer.  So when she started talking about the latest book she had read, I said, "Why don't you write a review on it?"  To my surprise, she gave me a resounding "YES!"  So take it from Brenda Rothert...if she's taking time out of her super crazy schedule to review a book, you know it's good:



"For me, a mark of a good writer is one who can create characters I want to hang out with. Those characters have so much dimension that I forget they’re fictional. Stephanie Reid is amazing at writing those kinds of characters.

Reid’s second novel, "Trust in Me", is about Sandra and Nick. Sandra has trust issues, a big heart and a witty sense of humor. Nick has … excuse me while I melt … okay I've solidified once again. Nick is the most incredibly subtle mix of charming, sweet alpha I've read in a very long time. Like Sandra, I felt an immediate attraction. But she has reasons to be leery of Nick. She’s looking out for her younger brother, David, and Nick isn’t the kind of man she wants to see her brother hanging out with.

Even though Sandra has been burned in the past and has admittedly ruined some relationships with her trust issues, I still felt a spark of hope from her. She’s a strong, capable woman, but she’d like someone to share the ups and downs of life with.

This story has such a slow, delicious burn. The pacing is perfect. There are many laugh out loud moments in between the sexy buildup.


After I finished this book, I missed Sandra and Nick. I wanted to hang out with them some more. The story was very complete and fulfilling, but the characters were so well drawn and likable that I wanted to go have a drink with them. Creating characters like that takes something very special, and Stephanie Reid has it. Are you looking for a total package? (Heehee, I said package.) "Trust in Me" is one of those rare books that has it all. I flipped through the pages at record speed and then cursed myself for reading it so fast because then I had no more Sandra and Nick. Get to know these two (by clicking here), and trust me, you’ll feel the same."



Chelle here!  I'm really looking forward to snatching up this book!  Sounds like Brenda gives it an overwhelming


No comments:

Post a Comment