Monday, February 9, 2015

It's Time to Say Goodbye to Joe and Molly *sniff*


The curse of reading a series is that by the final book I'm so emotionally invested in the characters, they have become almost like friends to me.  I enjoy their company.  I want to know how their lives are going.  And I honestly grieve because I won't get to see them anymore.

Are my feelings a bit melodramatic?  Of course they are.  But since I'm currently baking child #3.5, I'm allowed to be a little emotional over the loss of some fictional characters!  Especially when the characters are Joe and Molly.

You see, the "Carved Hearts" series by Michelle Pace and L.G. Pace III has been one of my favorites from the beginning.  Since the very first novel, "Good Wood", we've watched Joe and Molly fall in love.  This hasn't been smooth sailing considering both Joe and Molly have some pretty serious demons to overcome.  Add to it, Joe is the best friend of Molly's older brothers and there was always bound to be some trouble.

But through the series, we've seen them both grow and mature into the couple they're supposed to be.  

Until "Heartwood".  

Yes, we still see them navigate some of the harder parts of their relationship.  But boy, oh boy...does life ever get hard on them for a while!

Now, talking with Michelle Pace, I told her she is gonna get some flack for this book.  Why? Because some of the situations our favorite couple are about to go through don't happen to everyone.  These are not issues everyone will face.

BUT...for those who DO face these issues, the Pace's are BANG ON with how it goes down.  And for that they should be applauded.  Because they flat out nailed it.

By far, this is my favorite book in the series.  It is fun and sweet.  But it is also gripping and tormenting.  It is a fantastic work of literature.  I still don't want the series to end.  But if it has to, THIS is sheer perfection.  See for yourself by clicking here.

So fair well, Molly and Joe.  We'll miss you.  But you go out with a fantastic


No comments:

Post a Comment