Thursday, September 17, 2015

Guest Reviewer Erin Noelle Tells You Why You Should Dive in and Get "Wet"



Before I begin this review, let me start off by telling you how much I LOVE doing these guest reviews. As an indie-author myself, it brings me great joy to spread the love and introduce readers to little gems I find in my personal reading. There are so many new authors in the self-publishing world that I think people often are nervous about the quality of work they’ll get with an unproven product, and rightfully so. Well have no fear people, that’s why I’m here, and today I have a debut novel by Stacy Kestwick for you that you’re doing to want to dive right in to…and get "Wet".

Book One in "The Water’s Edge Series" begins with Sadie, a twenty-something year old girl, who has picked up and moved to Reynold’s Island, a South Carolina barrier island, to live with her best friend, Rue, after her P.O.S. boyfriend did what most P.O.S. boyfriends do. Taking whatever she can get on the job front, she pushes her training as a photographer to the side and becomes a lifeguard at the Water’s Edge Resort, where she meets and becomes friends with one of the local islanders, Theo.
            
Rue and Theo both push her to break out of the funk that usually follows an unexpected breakup, and through going out with them to the island’s popular hang-out spots, she meets West Montgomery, resident cocky-as-shit-because-I-know-I-look-good bastard. And of course, that’s where the fun begins.
            
From the very first page, I fell in love with the writing style and the heroine’s voice in the story. The flow is perfectly-paced and the dialogue is easy and natural, providing for realistic character development. The witty humor intertwined around a moderate amount of drama and angst had me turning the pages like a crazy woman. I mean who doesn’t like a book about spending steamy, summer island nights with a hot-as-sin boat captain and your choice of Krispy Kreme doughnuts or phallic-shaped pancakes the morning after?

            
Now before you go read this book, get to the end, and then come screaming at me about the cliffhanger… I KNOW!!! Believe me. I really f*cking know, and have already had that same reaction. But in case you missed earlier in the review, I did mention this is Book One of Two in Sadie and West’s story, and the second installment, "Soaked", is scheduled to come out late 2015 (which isn’t very far away). Personally, I’m a fan of cliffies because I love the anticipation it builds in me when I know the next installment is getting ready to come out. When a book is this good, I’ll have no problems reading it again, probably picking up even more the second go-round, right before the conclusion is released. 

I hope you’ll feel the same way and take a chance on getting "Wet"! You can get it by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment