Thursday, July 9, 2015

"MILF". Enough Said.


I have a new obsession with Author Erin Noelle.  I have yet to read a book of hers that didn't make me feel in new and different ways.  In fact, you may see her name more and more in this blog because, well, she writes really great stories!

But I will admit, I was hesitant when she handed me her book "MILF: Wrong Kind of Love".  Two reasons:

1)  I don't gravitate towards erotica.  It kind of bores me.  Based on the title and synopsis, I automatically assumed that's what it was.  Also...

2)  The male character is really, really young.  As in 21-years old.  I, myself, may be a MILF (stop laughing!!  A girl can dream!), but anything younger than around 24 gives me the heebie jeebies.  

And therein lies the genius of this book.

The main female character is Mia.  She's 38, newly divorced from a cheating douchebag of a husband and working on finding herself.

The main male character is Grayson.  He's 21, still in college, and get this....the son of Mia's ex-husbands new wife.  Yes...douchebag's STEPSON.  To make it even stranger, he's also Mia's son's best friend.

There's more to the background story and how this all came about, but instead of trying to explain it, I'll let the book do that for me.

What I really liked about this book is how uncomfortable it made me feel.  It was weird to watch this grown woman, mother of a college student, start a relationship with a man her son's age.  It was weird knowing they had a history together from when Gray was a child, and yet it still blossomed into this relationship.  

Did I say it was weird???

But the weird, uncomfortable feelings are what made it so fascinating to read.  How interesting it was to see a normal relationship between a mother and her son's friend turn into, arguably, the love of her life. How unexpected that I would find myself forgetting that this boy is just 21-years old and rooting for their relationship to last!

But that's what Erin Noelle does to me every time.  She makes me see things from a different perspective.

She pushes the envelope on issues other people won't touch.  

And she makes me walk away questioning whether the taboo is actually as taboo as I always thought.

My only two critiques are that I could have gone without so many sex scenes.  I know, I know.  I'm in the minority with that critique, but the story was fascinating enough without them.  

And there is one particular scene I would have loved to see.  I'm not going to say what it was, but I already told Ms. Noelle that she's a wench for not writing it.  She pretty much laughed at me and then disappeared from the conversation.  Rude.

All that being said, "MILF" really was a fantastic read of forbidden love.  Get it by clicking here.  It will probably make you uncomfortable and stretch you emotionally like it did for me.  

And that is the sign of a great read.

Author Erin Noelle and "MILF" earn a forbidden


No comments:

Post a Comment