Monday, July 27, 2015

LB Simmons Rocks This Book....Flaws and All


"I'm tired of denying myself the only thing in my life that I've ever really wanted.  And I want you.  Every part of you, flaws and all."

I feel like that's the theme of LB Simmons' book "Running in Place". Because these characters, both Tatum and Noah have some serious flaws.  But I loved them both.  So, so much.

Let's start over from the beginning, shall we?

"Running in Place" is about two young adults who really are standing still in their lives.  They are making virtually no progress in life except going through the motions.  The baggage they carry around is forcing them to barely keep their figurative heads above water.

And they hate each other.

Which always makes for the best kind of love story.

And I did love this story.  It was gritty and raw.  And holy cow...the Prologue made me bawl.  I was NOT expecting that.  Be forewarned.  

I loved the lyrics that Noah wrote.  I loved the letters Tatum wrote to her dad.  Overall, I just couldn't put this book down.

Somehow I missed that it's actually the second book in the "Mending Hearts" series.  But rest assured, it can be read as a stand alone as it's about different characters than the first.

Now I will say, it's not without it's own flaws.  I didn't really like the character of Harlow.  I'm not sure why.  She was vital to the story, but I just didn't care for her.  She was a little too.....convenient, maybe?  But that being said, her character should not be the deciding factor on whether or not to read this book.  Because it was good.  So, so good.  You can get it by clicking here.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed "Running in Place" and highly recommend it.  Flaws and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment