Thursday, July 23, 2015

I Love This Book Beyond Words


I'm usually a very impatient reader.  Let's get the story going so I can whiz through the book while enjoying myself.

Chalk it up to having a touch of ADHD.  Or so my mother thinks.

So I was surprised how much I enjoyed "Love Beyond Words" by Emma Scott.  It doesn't start out fast-paced.  It's more like a slow simmer.  And I loved that.

In a world of books that all seem to focus on Instalove and sex, "Love Beyond Words" focused on a relationship that built slowly.  A relationship that was full of secret glances and silent communication. You know, the way it usually works in the "real world".  

In fact, it didn't take me half a day to read it straight through.  It took a couple days to get through.  Because when I would put it down, I was absorbing.  I was processing the beauty of the newness of this relationships.  It was a very nice change of pace for me.

I also adored the characters.  Sure, they had demons they were both working through.  But as they slowly grew to trust each other, they slowly grew to help each other heal.

Surprisingly, there is a huge side-story that you can see coming from a mile away.  But the fact that it's not a surprise doesn't make it any less exciting.  And by the end, when you think you are just reading a slower paced book...

BAM!

Some very exciting things happen which got my heart pounding and were very fun to watch unfold.  It was like getting the best of both worlds.  A slow simmer until the explosion happened.

Awesome.

If you're looking for something a little different, a little more in tune with summer time relaxation, get "Love Beyond Words" by clicking here.  It was definitely worth my time.

Emma Scott really did write a book that I "Love" for a solid 


No comments:

Post a Comment