Monday, January 19, 2015

Kristie Cook Will "Torment" You Until the Final Installment


Kristin and I have been on hiatus for the last week and what a hiatus it has been!  We've found some great stories to tell you about, starting with a returning Diamond.

Kristie Cook was on my list for Top Paranormal Books/Series for her amazing stories titled the "Soul Savers Series".  It is a fantastic adventure with a basic angels versus demons theme.  

One of the things I really like about this series is that a lot of it is based on Biblical principals and themes.  Yes, I know.  You would think all angel versus demon books are like that.  But this is very deeply rooted in it.  From some of the ways the demons explain their purpose to World War III coinciding with the end times, my Christian upbringing has been cheering throughout the series over a lot of the accuracy.

But if I reviewed the series last year, why am I doing it again?  Because installment number six out of seven released a couple weeks ago and it is amazing.

In "Torment", we're continuing to follow Alexis' journey as she takes over the position of matriarch of the Amadis (basically, the good side).  But she's not in an easy position, being that the Daemoni (the bad guys) have launched a massive attack and are now intent on taking over the world.  

This installment is incredibly fast paced and almost exhausting to read, as you really see first hand what the end of the world might actually look like.  From abandoned children to cities in ruins to looters and gangs and concentration camps; it's intense.

My BFF and I have been following this series for the last two years, so we were discussing "Torment" and our thoughts on it.  She brought up an interesting point.  She said, "I'm starting to find Alexis whiny because she keeps talking about how she's failing everyone and she can't do it."  At first, I thought, "Huh.  She has an interesting point."  And that may be my only critique. But then I continued reading.

As things in the story kept escalating and intensifying, I started to realize that, yes, Alexis is questioning herself constantly.  But what else would she be doing at that moment?  She was thrown into a position of leadership years ahead of schedule and within days World War III broke out.  So I think a lack of self-confidence is actually extremely realistic.  So much for my one critique!

I really did love this book from start to finish.  The ending shocked the heck out of me and is one of the most intense cliffhangers I have EVER read.  Thankfully, the final installment in the series, titled "Faith" will be out on February 5th.  I'm already rearranging my calendar so I have six hours of uninterrupted reading time that day!

If you haven't followed the "Soul Savers Series", now is the perfect time to get started.  "Promise" is the first in the series and it's free.  You can get it by clicking here.

But if you've followed the series like me, you do NOT want to miss "Torment".  Get it by clicking here.  You don't be disappointed.

Kristie Cook "Torment"ed me in the best possible way to receive 


P.S.  Don't miss tomorrow when we give you and exclusive, never before seen excerpt from "Working Girl" by A.E. Woodward and a giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment