Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Hope I Wasn't the Last to Know about Author Crystal Bowling


Lately, I have found myself in a book funk.  There just seems to be so much of the same story written over and over and over.  It's probably my own fault for reading a lot of NA books.  But after a while, I just need something...different.

Enter my newest Diamond, Crystal Bowling.  She wrote the cure to my book funk called "Always the Last to Know".  Here's the synopsis as found on Amazon:

"Wearing a Maid of Honor dress that very well makes the South want to rise again, Jess Reynolds is prepared to walk down the aisle at her best friend's wedding.  It's just that things keep getting in the way, like a sex-crazed coworker, an annoying brother-of-the-bride, and a handsome and horribly charming friend posing as the Best man.  As it turns out, Jess might just the be the last one to know everything, including the workings of her own heart."

In this day and age where everyone and their mother are writing over the top angsty books, I found "Always the Last to Know" to be a breath of fresh air.  It was a lighter read, yes.  But the sarcastic wit was right up my alley.  I loved that Jess was a real woman, not another 22 year old beautiful virgin who doesn't realize she's beautiful.  In fact, based on her description, she reminded me of a former coworker.  It was kind of fun imagining that coworker as this character!

I will say, there are a few editing issues.  The most glaring was random changes in font that can be quite distracting at first.  But formatting can be a tough cookie to handle, so I've got very little judgement there.

This book was witty and sarcastic without a lot of language.  And there was no sex, but quite a bit of sexual tension, which was nice.  If that sounds right up your alley, you can get it by clicking here.

Crystal Bowling may be "Always the Last to Know" that I give her

No comments:

Post a Comment