Monday, August 10, 2015

Jessica Prince Pushes the Boundaries and Wins


For several months, I've seen Jessica Prince's books pop up on my newsfeed and in some of my online book clubs.  I haven't really paid much attention because, well, there are so many books out there it's hard to catch them all!

Then I met her at the Traveling Book Shelf signing at the beginning of the month.

I'm so glad I did!  Not only did we hit it off, but it turns out, she lives five minutes from me.  I'd say she must be stalking me, but considering I'm the one with the word "Stalker" the my name, I don't have much of a leg to stand on.

As an added bonus, though, I picked up her book "Pushing the Boundaries".  I'm really, really glad I did.  I devoured it in a day. Which is not easy to do when the kids are out of school for summer!

"Pushing the Boundaries" is the story of Trevor and Lizzy.  They're best friends, but Trevor has always been in love with Lizzy.  Deep down, Lizzy loves Trevor, too.  But ya know.  We're girls and it's not always that easy.

Here's the twist.  On a drunken night in Vegas, they get married much to Trevor's delight and Lizzy's horror.

And then the fun begins.

Not only do we get to watch their romance unfold in "Pushing the Boundaries", but it's really funny in part.  The lengths Trevor will go to for his marriage are really sweet and funny.  Lizzy, on the other hand, I wanted to slap several times.  But under the circumstances, her reactions may have been justified.  I'll leave that to you to decide.

Keep in mind, "Pushing the Boundaries" is actually Book 3 in the "Picking Up the Pieces" series.  However, they can all be read as stand alone novels.  As much as I am DYING to read the entire series, my OCD wants me to start at the beginning.  And Ms. Prince herself has forbidden me from reading the first one, "Picking Up the Pieces" until my 9+ months pregnant self is a little more hormonally stable.

Let that be a challenge to those of you who love angst and getting your heart ripped out.  You may want to start with Book 1.  You can get it by clicking here. 

However, if you're intrigued by Trevor and Lizzy, as you should be, pick up their story by clicking here.

Next time I see Jessica Prince's books come across my newsfeed, I'll be sure to take more notice.  I recommend you do, too.

Ms. Prince pushed the boundaries on this book for a well-earned


No comments:

Post a Comment