Monday, August 17, 2015

CD Hussey Delivers an "Unexpected" Surprise of a Book



I've reviewed CD Hussey before because she writes these insane paranormal books that I just can't put down.  For real.  Two of them are on my Top 10 list for 2014.  

So imagine my surprise when I ran into her at the Traveling Book Shelf author event earlier this month and found out she had written a romance book as well!  Of course, I snatched up "Unexpected Oasis" and brought it home.  And I'm glad I did because it was so much fun to read.

The story is about Andrea Ellis who is running away from home because of her recent scandalous divorce.  And I mean, running as far away as possible by taking a civilian contract job in Afghanistan.  Can't get much further away than that!  Her goal is to give herself some breathing room while she grieves over her douchebag of an ex husband.  And yes, you just wait.  He is seriously a douchebag.

What she doesn't expect is to have an attraction to the head of security, Jason Trey.  And he's a good guy.  A really good, swoon-worthy guy.  

While the romance part of the book is great and watching Andrea try to move through her demons is great, what makes this story so exciting is the backdrop to it all.  They're in war zone, so of course things get a little heated and tense at times.  And Ms. Hussey delivers all the excitement you need to make it engaging without overdoing it.  It's perfectly well done.

So much so that if this was a series, I would have already picked up the next one and started reading. (Hint, hint, Ms. Hussey.  I really wanna know Double D's story!)

Does this sound intriguing so far?  Well the icing on the cake....it's only $0.99.  You can grab it by clicking here.

CD Hussey really delivered an "Unexpected" gem with this one, for a solid 


No comments:

Post a Comment