Monday, November 2, 2015

Kristie Cook Joins Others to Bring Us Some Interactive Reading


I have been following Kristie Cook since I randomly found her book "Promise" and fell in love with her stories.  So imagine how excited I was when an ARC of "The Wolves" landed in my Kindle the other day. 

Very excited.  

"The Wolves" follows Sundae Grayson, a werewolf who is ready to leave her pack and explore life on her own.  But that's not how things turn out for this 22-year old.  Due to a series of events involving the Daemoni (those are the bad guys for those of you who haven't read the "Soul Savers" series yet), Sundae is not only forced back into the pack. She's forced to lead it.  Her first act as the leader is a mission that will quite literally, save the world.

While it isn't part of the "Soul Savers" series (one of my absolute favorites), it's a parallel storyline.  And a really good one at that.  It was a treat for me to see that when it comes to saving the world from evil, it takes more than just angels.  It takes courageous acts from all kinds of creatures.

Even if you haven't read the "Soul Savers" series yet (what are you waiting for??  "Promise" is free!!), you will enjoy " The Wolves".  It's a fantastic installment of the "Supernatural Chronicles".  Get it by clicking here for only $0.99.

But that's not all.  Oh no.  This is where things get exciting:

As I was getting ready to write up my review, I noticed "The Wolves" is listed as the second installment in the series.

Huh?

I then noticed that the first installment, "The Skinwalkers" was written by someone else.  Looking even closer, every single installment is written by someone different.  Not knowing why this is, I went ahead and contacted Ms. Cook personally to find out what is going on!  Here's what she said:

"They are a series of books, each written by a different author, each about a different supernatural creature.  The first 9 stories are about a supernatural race given a riddle to solve and they have to bring a relic to the cemetery in New Orleans before the veil between our physical world and the Other one falls."

Well now I'm intrigued.  But guess what?  It gets better:

"The last book, The Noir, wraps up the overall story...Make sure you collect the relics because there is a scavenger hunt at the end with some amazing prizes.  BTW, if you joins us in the Dynamis' Dynamic Readers Facebook group, you'll get all the info and be able to stay on top of all the giveaways and fun."

That.  Is.  Freaking.  COOL!!!

Of course, I immediately added myself to the group.  And you'll want to as well.  This is an amazing interactive concept and I don't think any of us want to miss out.

The book itself was fantastic.  But this...THIS cements the rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment