Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Totally Creeptastic Book Just in Time for Halloween



I am a huge wienie.  For real.  I don't do scary ever because I will be the first to have nightmares.

Case in point....I have tried to watch the Halloween episode of Boy Meets World about a dozen times, during the day, with all the lights on and I still can't get through the first eight minutes. 

So I was a little nervous about reading "Villere House" by Leslie Fear and CD Hussey.  When I talked to Ms. Fear about it, I even told her I would do my best, but there was no guarantee I could make it through the book!  I mean, come on.....it was Topanga and Corey, people!

But that's where brilliant writing, interesting story lines and well developed characters come in.  Because those things can take a book that might have just creeped me out, and turned it into a book that was creeptastic in the best possible way.

Here's the synopsis as found on Amazon:

"The last thing college senior Lottie Boyd expected while on spring break in New Orleans was having strange, yet vivid dreams of a 19th century young widow, desperately trying to save her dying little girl.  When doctors are unable to do more, the beautiful woman in Lottie's dreams is forced to go beyond her beliefs for one last attempt.

Compelled to find answers, Lottie is drawn toward the historic Villere House of Voodoo, where she meets the owner, Xavier Villere.  She is attracted to his intriguing creole good looks, but his skepticism of his family's century-old link to Voodoo and the occult keep pushing her away.  It isn't until Xavier beings experiencing unexplainable events from his own past that he begins to understand why he must help Lottie with hers."

"Villere House" had all the elements of a good book:  mystery, romance, plot, some "WTH?" moments.  While I have no desire to ever visit a voodoo house, especially after reading all about this one (scary!!), this was an incredibly well done story.  I read it in just a few hours because I found myself not being able to stay away.  I wanted, no needed, to know what was happening, even though I had the willies.  

So if you like creeptastic, especially around Halloween, then pick up "Villere House" by clicking here.  


Diamonds Leslie Fear and CD Hussey's "Villere House" conjures up 


No comments:

Post a Comment