Thursday, November 12, 2015

Erin Noelle Tells Us Why She Loves When "The Ground Rules" Are Rewritten


Wow. Ummm…okay. Geesh, I’m kinda speechless, and for those who know me, they know that NEVER happens. I just finished "The Ground Rules Rewritten" by Roya Carmen, and I thought it’d be best if I did my review immediately following, in order to best capture my raw emotions, but I can’t seem to find the right word(s) to properly describe how much I love to hate to love to hate this book and these characters.

First off, if you haven’t read book one in this series, "The Ground Rules", you need to do that. It was the very first guest review I did for the blog, and you can find out how much this book rocked my world (Get it by clicking here). A different spin on the love triangle/ square, I was thoroughly impressed with Carmen’s ability to make me feel like I was living the life, experiencing the emotions, right along with the main character.

"The Ground Rules Rewritten" picks up exactly where the story of Mirella, Gabe, Weston, and Bridget left off in the initial book. As I’ve stated in my reviews before, I’m not a fan of book-report-style summaries, so I’ll spare you the play-by-play of what happens. However, as "The Ground Rules" left off with the two couples ending the arrangement between them, obviously the deal is reinstated at the beginning of book two…or there wouldn’t be a need for it. The story would simply have ended.

So here we go again with the emotional roller coaster that occurs when Mirella becomes involved with a man who isn’t her husband, and much like in the first installment, her thoughts and actions jump from one end of the spectrum to another in a matter of seconds. As the entire story is told in only her POV (side note: I usually prefer dual POV stories in romance novels, but for some reason, I really like only getting hers in these books), scenes in "The Ground Rules" were broken into two categories: those with Gabe and/or her daughters and those with Weston, but in this book, we get to see what happens when those worlds collide. And I liked it!

Yes, there were times I wanted to thump Mirella between the eyes and scream at her to stop being a fickle, whiny brat, but for the most part, I understood why she struggled with keeping her emotions in check. I knew going in to the book that there was going to be a third book, and even though I had a pretty good idea of how this one was going to wrap up, I was still left with my mouth hanging open and my heart pounding in my chest.


Now I’m left anxiously (and impatiently) waiting for the next book, having absolutely no idea how in the world Carmen is going to conclude this page-turning series. I’m not even sure I know what I want to happen, but one thing I know for sure, whatever the ending to this story is, more "Ground Rules" are sure to be broken before we get there.

Get it by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment