Monday, June 29, 2015

It Won't Be a "Mistake" to Read "The Deal"


When a big-wig author hands you a book and says, "You really need to read this one," what do you do?  Do you smile politely and put it back?

Heck no!  You snatch that puppy up off the shelf and take it home without even reading the back to find out what it's about!

That's how I found my next Diamond, Author Elle Kennedy.

Her book, "The Deal" sucked me in from the beginning and is, by far, one of my favorite reads this year.  Favorite of the summer for sure!

Here's the basic idea:  Girl meets boy.  Girl has a crush on boy.  Boy has no interest.  Enter hockey stud.  Hockey stud starts to fail a class and realizes girl may be his only chance at passing, so he convinces girl to tutor him in exchange for getting boy to notice her.

The concept itself is simple.  But Ms. Kennedy's writing is not.  The story has lots of layers.  The characters have lots of development.  The banter back and forth is wonderful.  The plot has some twists and turns that are not necessarily unexpected, but they aren't terribly predictable either.

I loved this book so much, I immediately downloaded the second one in the "Off-Campus" series, titled "The Mistake".  Once again, it was riveting.  It was fun.  It was sexy.  I couldn't help but fall in love with the characters.  

My only disappointment....the third one isn't out yet!!!  And it's Dean's book!  DEAN!  I am dying to get inside his head.

I guess it goes without saying that I highly recommend this series.  You can get "The Deal" by clicking here and "The Mistake" by clicking here. And if my recommendation doesn't convince you, just remember who made me read it and that should change your mind.

Author Elle Kennedy and her hockey studs skate away with


No comments:

Post a Comment