Monday, August 11, 2014

The Queen of One Liners Has Arrived on Your Kindle


I love a book with some angst.  Rip my heart out, throw it on the ground, stomp on it and walk away.  I have no idea why.  I'm a little morbid that way.

But I also love some humor.  Not those sweet, sappy, corny jokes that just come across as sweet and sappy.  That just makes me wanna barf.

Humor that makes me laugh out loud.  Humor that breaks up the drama of the moment. Humor that is so unexpected, it comes out of nowhere and yet completely makes a scene what it should be.

That's where my newest Diamond, Beth Ehemann really shines.  She can write some sweet and sappy.  But her one-liners are classic.  And they are what makes her "Cranberry Inn" series, the perfect mix.  

I mean, come on.....who wouldn't laugh out loud at something like this:

"Tommy would never look at me like that, except maybe if I were walking toward him butt naked carrying a heaping plate of bacon."

Yes, I almost blew my drink through my nose at that one.  I had to stop reading for a full minute just to pull myself together.

Before I continue, read the synopsis for the newest release, "Room For Just a Little Bit More" as it is posted on Amazon.  It'll give you some insight into the whole series.

"Five years ago, my dreams were shattered in an instant.

One year ago, a horrible rainstorm flooded a bridge in town, leaving us with an Inn full of stranded travelers.  Turns out one of those travelers would give me a whole new set of dreams, ones I never thought possible.  Brody Murphy spent the last year teaching me what it was like to live, and more importantly love, again.

Two days ago, he asked me to marry him, and if I'd said yes any faster, I would have interrupted the most romantic proposal ever offered.  I can't wait to marry him and spend the rest of our lives spoiling our Twinkies.

One year from now I'll be Mrs. Kacie Murphy, assuming everything goes nice and smooth."

"Room For Just a Little Bit More" is a novella, so it's shorter than the average book.  But what it lacks in pages, it more than makes up for in humor and heart.  To me, this was Ms. Ehemann's best work to date.  It is 100% the perfect ending to a truly endearing and heart-warming series.  

Did I say the ending to the series??  

Well, kind of.  A spin-off book is in the works about Viper, one of the supporting characters. And personally I can't wait for it.  If Ms. Ehemann can help me to have this much fun with some "normal" characters, I can only imagine what kind of zingers she'll be able to come up with when she introduces us to a character that is already pretty out there.  

If you haven't read the "Cranberry Inn" series, I highly recommend it.  Both books are on sale right now for $.99.  You can get them by clicking here.  If you have, you must, must, MUST read this latest installment.  You can get it for just 99 pennies by clicking here.  

So while I deem my Diamond Beth Ehemann the "Queen of One Liners", I award "Room For Just a Little Bit More"




No comments:

Post a Comment