Monday, August 4, 2014

My #1 Favorite Book....Ever


Oh, the river of tears that will be flowing through the streets this week....

Why, you ask?

Only because the best book in the history of the WORLD is being released tomorrow!!

In case you haven't heard already, you need to prepare yourself.  Because "Ugly Love" by Colleen Hoover is coming to a Kindle, Nook and book store near you.  And unless you have no soul, you will ugly cry.

Colleen Hoover isn't one of my Diamonds.  She is THE Diamond.  

The Top Dog

The Big Kahuna

The Queen

And for good reason.  Ms. Hoover can write a grocery list that leave you clamoring for more.  

But "Ugly Love"...oh, "Ugly Love" will rip your heart out, stomp on it, leave it for dead; then it will come back, put it all back together and make things right with the world once again.

Think I'm exaggerating?  

Not even close.  

I happened to read this book while I was at my job.  Thank goodness I was by myself.  At one point, I had to push my reader away, lay my head down on the desk and weep.  

Not tear up.  

Not cry.  

Weep big ugly sobs coming from deep within my soul.  

That was a while ago.  To this day, hearing my favorite quote has me waving my hands in front of my eyes to stop the tears.  (You'll know it's my favorite quote when you find yourself weeping, too.)  

Ms. Hoover's work is usually pretty mild on intimacy.  In "Ugly Love", however, she branches out a little bit with her sexy writing and gets racier than you may be used to from her.  It shouldn't be that shocking.  I mean, the entire book is based on a "friends with benefits" relationship.  

And yet, her writing is so brilliant that although I know there are sex scenes in the book, I don't even really remember them.  I know they are there and they were good.  But by no means are they the crux of the story.  

So to sum it up...buy this book.  Buy THIS book.  BUY THIS BOOK!!!   If you only buy one book this year, this is it.  It is, 100%, without a doubt, my favorite book ever.  So get it by clicking here.  

And while you're at it, get the song Griffin Peterson wrote for it by clicking here.  After you read the book, the song will make you cry, too.

I guess there is no real question about my rating.  If I could give it more, I would.  But I can't.  So Colleen Hoover, as always has blown my mind.  "Ugly Love" more than deserves


2 comments:

  1. Perfectly put, Chelle. I am currently suffering through my book-reading, crying -like-a-crazy-person, hangover. Lord, that was brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even bring myself to write my review b/c I have no idea what to say! LOL! Great review!

    ReplyDelete