Tuesday, January 26, 2016

This Book Will Give You the "Blues" In Such a Good Way


I can’t function.

Why?

Because I am ruined.

Not since Mia Asher’s “Arsen” have I felt so much anxiety over a book.  (I had to relegate it to a “treadmill only” book so I could distance myself a little in the regular world). Not since Tarryn Fisher’s “The Opportunist” have I equally loved and hated a book.

But this time…Oh this time I’m feeling all the feels.

In “Winter Blues” Jade Goodson explores a marriage that is falling apart due to lack of time, lack of priority and everyday stressors that every marriage faces.  But that’s just the beginning.

In the middle of it all, she just guts you.  Rude.

And brilliant.

And just because you think you know how the story is going to play out, let me assure you, you have absolutely no idea what these people are going to do.

Every single one of these characters frustrated the snot out of me.  And every single one of them warmed my heart. 

And yet, somehow, I still left the book in tears, wanting to throw my kindle while hugging it to my chest.

This book is a little bit older.  It was released in 2013.  But it is the first book I've read this year that I am marking as a “Top Read”. 

Snatch it up by clicking here.

You are going to love me and hate me when you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment