Friday, January 22, 2016

Penny Reid is a "Ninja" of an Author


I've gushed over Penny Reid and her writing before, so I'll save you the trouble of repeating myself.  What I will say again though, is if you haven't read her writing, you need to start.  

However, if you decide to start with "Happily Ever Ninja", the latest installment in the Knitting in the City series, be forewarned...this one is, well, odd.

I know that sounds like a negative thing, but it's really not.  Penny herself says this book is a little different than the others.  And it is.  It really, really is.

But Penny pulls it off like only Penny can.  

I think it's because Penny is smart.  Like super smart.  She's a biomedical researcher in "real" life and is the boss of a bunch of other biomedical researchers.  That kind of smart.  So Penny can pull off scenarios that could end up sounding ridiculous by a less experienced author.  And she can pull it off well.  

Please don't misunderstand...this book is far from ridiculous.  It's funny, it's charming, the pace is wonderful.  At it's core, it's about the struggles and trials any couple goes through after many years of marriage.  Greg and Fiona Archer just happen to have odd jobs. 

You'll see what I mean when you grab it by clicking here.

Embrace the odd.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment