Thursday, October 22, 2015

Kristin and I Agree....This is One of the Best Books of 2015!


Kristin here. It’s been a while and life has gotten me off track a little. I’m back now and am so excited about my newest Diamond(s) KL Grayson and BT Urruela who co-authored "A Lover’s Lament".

This book. 

This. 

Book. 

It’s a rare treat for me to find a first time author that I know will be one I follow for the rest of their careers. BT Urruela is one of those authors for me. What he and KL Grayson did with the story is phenomenal. I’m not even sure I have the words to express how much I truly loved this book. The story was seamless, even going back and forth between the two different POVs. For two authors that don’t know each other well, this is an incredible feat to accomplish. I have been kicking myself over the fact that I haven’t read anything by Ms. Grayson until now. I will be remedying that asap.

Anyway, let’s get back to the book! Forget the synopsis and just read this book. Seriously, it’s in my top 5 of the year and I have really high expectations. Like I said earlier, the story is written in alternating POVs; Devin and Katie tell us their story together and it meshes perfectly. We get a glimpse of their childhood growing up together and see how their friendship grew into something more. Of course there’s angst and heartache, but it’s balanced with such realness that you don’t normally see in romance novels. Katie is such a strong female lead and I felt an inseparable bond with her by the end of the book. She’s a character that I wish I could reach into the book and just give a big ole hug. We’re friends now and friends give hugs!

Reading from Devin’s POV was probably my favorite part of the story because he lays it all out there for the readers to see. Nothing is sugar coated or polished to make it easier to handle. We get a look inside the front lines like I’ve never seen before. Several times I could imagine myself right there with him seeing the bullets ricochet off the walls and hearing the explosions ringing in my ears.

This will definitely be a story that stays with me for a while. One I will keep coming back to, reading it over and over until I have it memorized. I am so excited to have added two more authors to my list of Greats and look forward to watching their success continue in the future.  You can get A Lover’s Lament by clicking here.   

By the way, I have picked up two of KL Grayson’s other titles; Where We Belong & Pretty Pink Ribbons. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and she will be donating all proceeds from the sales of these two books to breast cancer research. You can get Where We Belong by clicking here and you can get Pretty Pink Ribbons by clicking here


I think it’s fairly safe to say that I enjoyed this book. I give "A Lover’s Lament" 5 shining Diamonds!

No comments:

Post a Comment