Thursday, April 23, 2015

Dear Trudy....Stop Making Me Cry


Let me just start out by saying....

I HATE TRUDY STILES!!!

Ok, so that's a lie.  I actually love her to pieces.  She is one of the kindest, most genuine authors I've met over the last few years.  Every time I've chatted with her in person, I've watched her greet every single person she meets with a smile.  And probably some wine.

BUT, I have spent the last two days being pulled through the emotional wringer because of that woman!  And dang...it was good.

Before I get to "Dear Juliet", the latest release by Ms. Stiles, I need to make sure you're up to speed with the rest of the "Forever Family" series.  

"Dear Emily" is the first in the series.  It's about a couple getting ready to adopt their first child.  A baby girl names Emily.  It's told from the perspective of the adoptive mom and the emotions she has as she impatiently waits for her baby; and the birth mom and the emotions she has as she pushes through to make the right decision for everyone. For any adoptive or birth mom out there, it is a must read.  This is where we've all been.  I wept when I read this one.  Get it by clicking here.

"Dear Tabitha" is the second book in the series.  It's a follow up to the birth mom's story as she struggles to build herself up and never have to be in that position again.  While it can be read as a stand alone, it make so much more sense if you read "Dear Emily" first.  I'm not gonna lie...I struggled with some parts of this book.  They were dark and disturbing. I can't tell you how many times I PM'd Ms. Stiles and told her I couldn't get through it.  But I did.  And I'm glad.  It was really nice seeing the birth mom go through the healing process.  Get it by clicking here.

But "Dear Juliet"....holy moly, "Dear Juliet"!!  This was just in a category all it's own.

It is told from the perspective of the birth mom's ex boyfriend and his childhood best friend.  Neither of their lives have been easy and I so enjoyed seeing the bond they had from the time they were small.  

I will say, I struggled with the first part of the book.  It was good, but I honestly didn't know what my rating would be.  I don't tell you this because there's any reason to discuss my particular hang ups.  I'm sure Ms. Stiles and I will have that conversation later (I'm sorry, Trudy, don't hate me!).  But I tell you that because if you have the same hang ups as me....DON'T LET IT STOP YOU!!!  You MUST finish this book! Here's why:

The entire time I was reading, I kept feeling like there was something on the tip of my brain.  Something I knew that I should know, but couldn't figure out.  As twists and turns and connections began to be revealed, I found my jaw dropping over and over and over.  The interweaving of the plot lines was absolutely brilliant.  The last time I yelled at a book when figured out what I knew from the beginning but didn't know that I knew (I promise that's supposed to make sense), was when I read a Colleen Hoover book.

Yes, I am comparing "Dear Juliet" to a Colleen Hoover book.  And coming from me, that is huge.  I never compare to the queen.  But the way "Dear Juliet" comes full circle is what I would expect from a Hoover book.  And now I expect it from Trudy Stiles.

No pressure.

Do not miss this series.  I'm in awe.  My brain is still spinning.  And I can't wait to watch other people's reactions to this book.  Get "Dear Juliet" by clicking here.

Despite my earliest reservations, the rest of it knocked this book out of the park for me.  Hands down...it gets a huge


No comments:

Post a Comment