Thursday, March 10, 2016

These "Four" Novellas Are Just What Spring Break Ordered



It's no secret that I am late to the Outlander madness.  Nor that it has become my obsession.  I mean, who doesn't love the sexiest, sweetest, most rugged virgin Highlander to ever wear a kilt?

While my obsession may be going strong, 18th century Scotland can be exhausting.  Sometimes I just need a break from war and plundering and all that hard living.  But finding something to take the edge off for a while can be difficult.

Or so I thought.

"Four Play" by Amalie Silver came at just the right time!  The book is actually four novellas.  None of them are related.  But all are super fun.  

I was really impressed with Ms. Silver's writing in "Word Play", which is how I was introduced to her.  And she doesn't disappoint me here. The writing is great.  Even better, the story lines are all completely different and she has no problem making each of the characters different and interesting.  

Each of them can easily be reading a couple of hours so they are great for Spring Break reads.  And the modern day situations were just dramatic enough to give my time-hopping brain just the break it needed.

Pick up "Four Play" by clicking here.  And when you're done, grab "Word Play" as well. (The prequel, "Fair Play" is one of the novellas)  Your overly stressed brain will thank you for it.

1 comment:

  1. I adore her satirical writing, especially after reading several emotional books. Sometimes a genre cleanse is just what the doctor ordered!

    ReplyDelete